Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does someone know what is that?

I just got a brand new MacBook Pro (M1 Pro) today.

This happens when I use it, it looks very unsightly, there is a gap between the window and the menu bar.

Does someone know what is that? Is this the case with yours too?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:51 PM

There is a tiny gap between the menu bar and the top of the window, yes.

My suggestion: go to System Preferences->Accessibility and UNcheck "reduce transparency".

Now the menu bar mixes with the desktop background, and the discontinuity is no longer apparent. In my opinion, this looks pretty good with the default Monterey background; you can of course choose your own Desktop Picture, and how well this looks depends on it. Some provide very good contrast, some not.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 11:51 PM in response to Kash0524

There is a tiny gap between the menu bar and the top of the window, yes.

My suggestion: go to System Preferences->Accessibility and UNcheck "reduce transparency".

Now the menu bar mixes with the desktop background, and the discontinuity is no longer apparent. In my opinion, this looks pretty good with the default Monterey background; you can of course choose your own Desktop Picture, and how well this looks depends on it. Some provide very good contrast, some not.

Does someone know what is that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.