Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity issues after updating to iOS 16

Hi,

I have had an issue with my phone after upgrading to iOS 16 where all network connectivity stops working regularly. Both Wifi and cellular connections stop connecting to the internet and the only way to get it back online is by restarting the phone.

I have tried activating airplane mode for a while and deactivating without success. I have also tried resetting all network settings without fixing the issue.

The issue appears once or twice a day every day since upgrading. Do anyone know what the problem might be? And if you know a fix for it, that would be great

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 4:42 PM

Greetings Layz-b, 

Please be sure you’ve installed all iOS incremental updates. The current version is iOS 16.0.2. If you have any VPN or security software installed, let’s temporarily remove it, restart your iPhone and test connectivity, to be sure there isn’t anything interfering. Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Then please tell us whether you notice this happening in specific apps, at the same time each day, in the same location, etc. Anything that might help to further isolate. 

Thanks. 

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Layz-b

Greetings Layz-b, 

Please be sure you’ve installed all iOS incremental updates. The current version is iOS 16.0.2. If you have any VPN or security software installed, let’s temporarily remove it, restart your iPhone and test connectivity, to be sure there isn’t anything interfering. Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Then please tell us whether you notice this happening in specific apps, at the same time each day, in the same location, etc. Anything that might help to further isolate. 

Thanks. 

Connectivity issues after updating to iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.