Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to receive certain calls

My doctor has been trying to call me and left voicemails however I am not getting notifications that they have rung or left a message. It doesn’t appear in my missed calls list. All my notifications are on, my settings allow no caller IDs and private numbers and I’m not on do not disturb or anything like that. I’ve had other calls coming through ok so wondered if there’s something I’m missing?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 4:46 AM

I'm sure you've probably tried this but go through all your notification toggles again, restart your phone, make sure your updated to the latest iOS. I guess you've checked phone/notifications. Also click on announce calls under settings/phone to always. Also Accessibility/touch/audio routing.. set to automatic, check auto answer calls is off although this would probably effect all your calls. As a last resort ask you're doctor for the number he's calling from and add it to contacts, that should certainly allow calls from him to ring and show in a banner.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 4:46 AM in response to Emmalw24

I'm sure you've probably tried this but go through all your notification toggles again, restart your phone, make sure your updated to the latest iOS. I guess you've checked phone/notifications. Also click on announce calls under settings/phone to always. Also Accessibility/touch/audio routing.. set to automatic, check auto answer calls is off although this would probably effect all your calls. As a last resort ask you're doctor for the number he's calling from and add it to contacts, that should certainly allow calls from him to ring and show in a banner.

Unable to receive certain calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.