Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification

Do I still receive notifications from app "A" even if I force close the app? (I should not force close app regularly but my iPhone feels smoother so I'm wondering if notifications still behaves normally)

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:05 AM

Hello piton288,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know if you would still receive notifications from an app that you forced closed. We're happy to help!

Push notifications are similar to text messages delivered to smartphones to stay updated with the app's latest announcements. Push notifications do not require any additional app to be functional. The recipient can see the notification even if the app is not running.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 6:05 AM in response to piton288

Hello piton288,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know if you would still receive notifications from an app that you forced closed. We're happy to help!

Push notifications are similar to text messages delivered to smartphones to stay updated with the app's latest announcements. Push notifications do not require any additional app to be functional. The recipient can see the notification even if the app is not running.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.