Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ever since i discovered the adapter to plug into the iphone and plug the other end into the hdmi cable attached to my tv i could watch whats playing on my phone on my tv. it has come to my attention that i get an error now " unaUNABLE To PLAY VIDEO

why cant i play a video from phone and hook hdmi to phone and play it on tv?

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:25 AM

Hello Wheelpdlr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

Let’s disconnect the iPhone from the TV. Restart your TV. Restart your iPhone. Connect the iPhone to the TV. Does it work as expected?

Do you have another TV you can connect your iPhone to see if yo can watch the content there as expected? These answers will help us to isolate the cause.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 6:25 AM in response to Wheelpdlr

Hello Wheelpdlr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

Let’s disconnect the iPhone from the TV. Restart your TV. Restart your iPhone. Connect the iPhone to the TV. Does it work as expected?

Do you have another TV you can connect your iPhone to see if yo can watch the content there as expected? These answers will help us to isolate the cause.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

ever since i discovered the adapter to plug into the iphone and plug the other end into the hdmi cable attached to my tv i could watch whats playing on my phone on my tv. it has come to my attention that i get an error now " unaUNABLE To PLAY VIDEO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.