Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to ios16, iPhone thinks my Home is North Atlantic Ocean and HomeKit doesn’t work properly

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 10:13 AM

12 replies

Oct 1, 2022 11:24 AM in response to pivovarit

Hello pivovarit,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Let's confirm the information stored for My Card to be sure it's correctly entered there. You can locate steps to edit this, and more details, here: Add your contact info on iPhone - Apple Support

Complete My Card

Tap My Card at the top of your contacts list, then tap Edit. Contacts suggests addresses and phone numbers to help you set up My Card.

If there is no My Card, tap the Add button, then enter your information. Next, go to Settings  > Contacts > My Info, then tap your name in the contacts list.

If that information looks correct, let's check your Location Services settings to make sure everything looks correct. For help, take a look at this resource: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if this continues after working through those steps. If you are still seeing this occur, confirm the steps you worked through and let us know if you're using VPN with your Wi-Fi network or devices.

Take care.

Oct 31, 2022 3:37 AM in response to Brandon_J_321

I have the same problem. If I click on the map icon containing cool blue atlantic water, I am taken to my address card, where my address is correct and the map icon tile is also correct. So "Find My" and HomeKit seems to think my home is a different place from where my address book card thinks it is.

I have turned off iCloud Private Relay, and I have no other VPNs or profiles installed.

The problem seems to be with determining where my home is, and not where my phone is. The AppleTV or HomePod that determines the location of the home, which does not use GPS but some other source, seems to be the problem. And I can find no way to configure that location, except turning on Location Services for the home.

Dec 24, 2022 1:17 AM in response to pivovarit

Hello,

I have the same problem and apple thinks that my home is in the middle of North Atlantic ocean.

This problem not only affects homekit but also findmy app and optimized charging for all devices.

Findmy option "notify when left behind" is set for atlantic. I have manually deleted this locations and added new manual home location but after a while I find out that atlantic added back to the safe locations list.

As phone thinks that I am living in atlantic ocean, never makes optimised charging. Directly charges my phone, watch and airpods to 100%.

I have tried clean install but without any success. Additionally, I have deleted "significant locations" but after a month, all significant locations are set near atlantic ocean again.

Waiting for a solution from Apple.

Dec 24, 2022 3:34 AM in response to ali_bbs

A clean install did not help me at all. I am not sure it really is related to the phone, but rather some data stored in the Apple Home profile. However, home detection worked fine for the wife, not for me, at the same time. But a few weeks ago, this problem corrected itself without any action on my part 🤷🏼‍♂️

After update to ios16, iPhone thinks my Home is North Atlantic Ocean and HomeKit doesn’t work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.