Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if my old Mac does not turn on? How do I transfer the data?

I am attempting to move information from my old MacBook to a new one but the old MacBook Air does not turn on. How do I do this without migration assistant?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:48 PM

E_dono

"What if my old Mac does not turn on? How do I transfer the data?: I am attempting to move information from my old MacBook to a new one but the old MacBook Air does not turn on. How do I do this without migration assistant?"

-------

Transferring Data to Mac:

Refer to the link provided atop this post.

Sync Through iCloud:

Was iCloud enabled on this Mac that you cannot turn on? If so, enable all iCloud options on your other Mac. All should sync.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 8:48 PM in response to E_dono

E_dono

"What if my old Mac does not turn on? How do I transfer the data?: I am attempting to move information from my old MacBook to a new one but the old MacBook Air does not turn on. How do I do this without migration assistant?"

-------

Transferring Data to Mac:

Refer to the link provided atop this post.

Sync Through iCloud:

Was iCloud enabled on this Mac that you cannot turn on? If so, enable all iCloud options on your other Mac. All should sync.

What if my old Mac does not turn on? How do I transfer the data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.