Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving emails

My @mac.com address is, after 30 years, not receiving emails from some senders across all devices. I am receiving most emails normally but new senders emails frequently don’t reach me, even when replying to an email from me. Impossible, of course, to tell how much this is happening. I just notice it when something I am expecting doesn’t turn up. Been happening for around 2 years now. Can’t find a solution. Would change Apple ID but literally my whole life and business is attached to this one! Any ideas? (Also, not sure if related, I sometimes see emails on my iPad which disappear and cannot be found.) Thank you.

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 7:58 AM

Please take suggestions from senior apple care advisors , either mail application is corrupted or there is some settings in that website , prefer to do a screen sharing with them Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

7 replies

Sep 30, 2022 11:53 PM in response to tygb

Thanks for trying to help. All useful articles but none of them relate to my specific situation:

• some emails get through, others don’t.
  • some senders seem to be blocked, normally new people (e.g. my architect and my garden designer) even when they press reply
  • happens on all devices
  • emails not visible in iCloud mail either, so emails are disappearing into the ether
  • senders are not notified

Sep 30, 2022 4:15 AM in response to tygb

Thank you, tygb. I'm not sure any of these generic articles addresses the very specific problem I have outlined above. As a Mac user of 30+ years I'm familiar with setting up email accounts and sending and receiving emails on different devices. This is a problem across all devices and for only some emails. Obviously, I don't always know what emails I haven't received, only when someone makes an effort to contact me a different way to ask why I haven't replied. Also, emails forwarded from my Wordpress.com account don't arrive to my Mac inbox but do arrive vie Googlemail which is another way I can tell that some emails are not getting through while others are. I have already looked into this extensively, it's not a simple fix. Someone suggested that I may be blacklisted by some servers but I don't know why or how that would work. Very confused. Thank you.

Oct 1, 2022 7:44 AM in response to tygb

Wordpress.com is where I run my business. Yes it is necessary. I don't use it to sign in. I have a contact form on my website that is coded to send messages to me at my @Mac.com address. It doesn't work. The messages don't arrive. It is just one of the ways that my Mac.com email doesn't work, not the root of the problem. I'm grateful for your willingness to help tygb but please don't keep sending replies that are not relevant for my problem. Thank you.

Receiving emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.