Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot mac address on iPhone SE2020 and iOS 16.x (earlier as well)

Since I am using my iPhone SE2020 iOS 16.x as backup internet connection, I have a small router that is connecting to personal hotspot (iPhone) and populate internet to WiFi and LAN. Since router (TpLink TP-MR3020) is portable, I can take it to any location I am working on. I have faced difficulties with situation once Personal Hotspot is turned off and turned on and getting new "Virtual MAC address" and it is necessary to reconfigure router for connecting to new BSSID as it is not getting connection.

Is there any option to turn off 'Private WIFI address' on Personal Hotspot like on WiFi and mobile data carrier to operator (thought that second one would do the job, while it did not).

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 3:58 AM

Hi.

Firmware replace on the router to OpenWRT has revealed dozen of new options as well as feature to clear out BSSID and connect regardless iPhone Hotspot address. Highly advise to do such step to all the people having same issue.

Similar questions

2 replies

Personal hotspot mac address on iPhone SE2020 and iOS 16.x (earlier as well)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.