Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see in App prices before I download?

All the apps now have "get" but when I scroll down their listing, they don't list the pricing. I have to download the app, see what the price/subscription is, and decide there if I even want the app.

If not, I have to back out, delete the app and start over.

I don't go to the grocery store, pick up the items I want, guessing at which brand I may want, then go to the checkout line before they tell me the cost. And if I want to compare it to others, send me back to the aisle to get another and bring it back up front to check its price.

Is there a way to see that I'm missing?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:19 AM

If it has a GET button, it means it's free to download.

If it has a price tag instead of the GET button, then it costs that amount of money to download. It may have additional in-app purchases however.

If it has other in-app purchases and subscriptions, you can find them in the information section of the App, under in-app purchases.

You can ignore any in-app purchases you don't want and can cancel any subscriptions that may start automatically before they renew and charge you however.

Link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 7:19 AM in response to Llamamanor

If it has a GET button, it means it's free to download.

If it has a price tag instead of the GET button, then it costs that amount of money to download. It may have additional in-app purchases however.

If it has other in-app purchases and subscriptions, you can find them in the information section of the App, under in-app purchases.

You can ignore any in-app purchases you don't want and can cancel any subscriptions that may start automatically before they renew and charge you however.

Link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Llamamanor

Thanks.

What about the apps that say "get" which is the approval for a free download, but then have nothing free? (and post nothing in the area you have shown as a screen shot?)

I don't mind paying for my stuff but, this system seems to have a loop hole that hides the prices until after a download.

I see what it is now so I guess this is not longer a question. More of a feedback post.

Sep 30, 2022 12:03 PM in response to Llamamanor

Llamamanor wrote:

Thanks.

What about the apps that say "get" which is the approval for a free download, but then have nothing free? (and post nothing in the area you have shown as a screen shot?)

If they show nothing in in-App purchases, then they should have no additional charges for anything.

The App Store terms require the developers to disclose any in-app purchases the app has in that section.

Which app is this that has no in-app purchases, and has nothing free?

How do I see in App prices before I download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.