Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won’t let me download Apple Music?

A while ago I deleted my Apple Music app to make space. Then I tried to download it back afterwards from the App Store, but every time I tried I got a notification telling me i can’t use it because my restrictions were enabled, and to disable them first.

As far as I could tell, was referring to Screen Time in settings where restrictions could be enabled, but I’d never used that or ever enabled any restrictions, which was confirmed when I checked my settings and it was still not activated, but I still got the same message. I even tried activating screen time just to disable it, but that still didn’t work. Anyone know how to fix this or what’s even going on?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 10:35 PM

Hi Eric1,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You might want to see if something in Apple Support's article (link below) can help disable a restriction:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support

And

Instead of trying to download the deleted app ... see if you can re-download (restore) the app..

On your iPhone find the Apple Music app in the app Store

See if you can:

Tap  to restore the Apple Music app.

Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

All the best :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 10:35 PM in response to Éric1

Hi Eric1,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You might want to see if something in Apple Support's article (link below) can help disable a restriction:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support

And

Instead of trying to download the deleted app ... see if you can re-download (restore) the app..

On your iPhone find the Apple Music app in the app Store

See if you can:

Tap  to restore the Apple Music app.

Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

All the best :-)

Oct 1, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Éric1

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so have no access to your accounts or details to see what restrictions may be set.

Wondering if you checked through the above article about restrictions to find / remove the glitch:

Something to check on iPhone:

Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps

You might want to try following the steps this articles:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

or

You might need to reach out to the App Store Support Team:

They may be able to tell you about what restricting your download, or help re-download the app.

There is a "Get Support" link (and a Support app) at the bottom of their website(link below)

App Store - Official Apple Support

Oct 1, 2022 7:22 AM in response to brbo

Hi, that’s actually what I’ve been trying to do this whole time. I go to the App Store, search for Apple Music, but instead of the download icon it says “open” (as if I still have the app, which I have thoroughly searched and I do not) that’s when I get the notification about restrictions

Won’t let me download Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.