Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tv connection

I need to connect my Mac book pro 15” early with thunderbolt type 1 to a tv.

some years ago I had a Apple cable connector with input port usb and thunderbolt too and HDMI port as output. Exist something cable yet?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 10:02 AM

you haven't said which ports you have on the TV. 

for an HDMI TV, you need an Amazon Basics Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter, or the equivalent, as well as an HDMI cable of appropriate length.

also, the Mini DisplayPort output does not send audio so you will need to find a solution for that. I would recommend an USB Low Latency Bluetooth transmitter on the Mac end, and an appropriate Low Latency Bluetooth receiver for the TV.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 10:02 AM in response to Traiano1111

you haven't said which ports you have on the TV. 

for an HDMI TV, you need an Amazon Basics Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter, or the equivalent, as well as an HDMI cable of appropriate length.

also, the Mini DisplayPort output does not send audio so you will need to find a solution for that. I would recommend an USB Low Latency Bluetooth transmitter on the Mac end, and an appropriate Low Latency Bluetooth receiver for the TV.

Oct 1, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Traiano1111

it should be plug and play.

the obvious guess, which you likely have done already, is to ensure you've used the "source" menu to ensure that the TV is using the correct input.

if you've done that, the next step would be to reset the SMC of the Mac, as well as an NVRAM reset. please see these apple support pages:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Tv connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.