Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone stuck on Home Critical Alerts

hello,

I have a problem in my phone it appear an alert "Home" would like to send you critical alerts "

how I can solving this.

in addition it's not responding to anything so I can't power off my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 8:53 AM

i had this situation happen on my iphone 12 pro last night. totally froze everything up. i tried to restart with pressing the volume up and volume down and then the side button to get the apple logo but no success. what can i try now??

214 replies

Mar 14, 2024 6:00 PM in response to Ramadar16

Hey, I know this issue, it can be easily solved by force restarting your iPhone, Press volume up ( release immediately ) then down ( same way ). After this hold the side button until you see apple logo, this will fix the glitch. You can also see a detailed guide on this: How to Fix iPhone stuck on Home Critical Alerts for more info and detailed steps, however the force restart will do the trick for you. 

Feb 13, 2023 5:52 PM in response to Ramadar16

This just happened to my husbands phone, try this!!

quick press volume up

quick press volume down

then HOLD the lock screen button.

it should pop up on the screen to slide to power off. DONT LET GO OF LOCK BUTTON.

keep holding the lock screen button until your phone cuts off.

then power on. worked for us! super weird issue though!

Dec 12, 2022 6:35 PM in response to Ramadar16

I was on my phone and i accidental press a home buttom type of thing so i was saying do not allow to them an dwhen the Home critical alrtes notification poped up i pressed do not allow i even tried to force restart it an dthat didnt work my screen stayed on for hour and woulnt turn off and after it turned off so i dont know what to do what should i do

Oct 2, 2022 10:52 AM in response to Ramadar16

Hello Ramadar16,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're getting critical alerts that you want to shut off and your phone is frozen and won't power off. We're happy to help!

For the issue with your phone being frozen let's follow these steps:

If your screen is black or frozen
Follow the steps for your device.
On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)

Press and quickly release the volume up button.
Press and quickly release the volume down button.
Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
An animation of an iPhone with arrows pointing to the volume up button, then to the volume down button, and then to the side button.
If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.
If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support.
On your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus

Press and hold both the side button and the volume down button until you see the Apple logo.
An iPhone with arrows pointing to the side button and the volume down button.
If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.
On your iPhone 6s and earlier, including iPhone SE (1st generation)

Press and hold both the Home button and the side button or the top button until you see the Apple logo.
If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.
If your iPhone turns on but gets stuck during start up
If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, try these steps:
Connect your iPhone to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
Select your iPhone on your computer.
While your iPhone is connected, follow these steps:
On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button.

An animation of an iPhone with arrows pointing to the volume up button, then to the volume down button, and then to the side button.
On your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and volume down button at the same time.
An iPhone with arrows pointing to the volume down button and the side button.
On your iPhone 6s or earlier, including iPhone SE (1st generation): Press and hold both the Home button and the side button or the top button at the same time.
Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
An iPhone showing the recovery mode screen.
When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update.
A Finder window showing a prompt with the choice to update or restore your iPhone. Update is selected.
Your computer will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. Repeat steps 2-4.
If you need more help
Contact Apple Support to set up service.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen

To turn off the critical Alerts follow these steps:

Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.

Tap Notifications.

Select the app from the list that you want to enable/disable Critical Alerts for. In your case look for the application Home in the list.

Toggle the Critical Alerts switch on/off.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

iPhone stuck on Home Critical Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.