Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to lock photos with a password

Hello, sometimes my laptop is unlocked, I am afraid of intruders to see the photos, so I want to protect the photos that have been synced in iCloud with a secret number, what is the way؟

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 10:38 PM

You cannot lock your Photos Library. When you upgrade to Ventura after it has been released in the fall, the Hidden album and the Recently Deleted album will be locked, so your hidden photos will require authentication, Touch ID, Face Recognition, or a password.

Until then, keep your Mac locked, when you are away from it. It is much saver to set your Mac up to start the screen saver automatically, when it is idle and to require a password to disable the screensaver. If you do not lock your Mac, when it is unattended, there is more at risk than your photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 10:38 PM in response to MoeOba

You cannot lock your Photos Library. When you upgrade to Ventura after it has been released in the fall, the Hidden album and the Recently Deleted album will be locked, so your hidden photos will require authentication, Touch ID, Face Recognition, or a password.

Until then, keep your Mac locked, when you are away from it. It is much saver to set your Mac up to start the screen saver automatically, when it is idle and to require a password to disable the screensaver. If you do not lock your Mac, when it is unattended, there is more at risk than your photos.

How to lock photos with a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.