Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t download OSX siërra .link is not good What is the problem

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 10:33 PM

Iron1965 Said:

"Why can’t download OSX siërra .link is not good What is the problem"

-------

Upgrading a Mac:

For reference...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 10:33 PM in response to Iron1965

Iron1965 Said:

"Why can’t download OSX siërra .link is not good What is the problem"

-------

Upgrading a Mac:

For reference...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Oct 1, 2022 5:35 AM in response to Iron1965

Do you get the certificate error as well? The certificate is registered to a dns name that is different from the server that tries to use it.

The certificate says "images.apple.com", and the server that seems to send it is "updates-http.cdn-apple.com".

So it seems to be some issue between us and the webserver. But I will not be installing any images from this page until they fix it. I would like to report it somehow, but there seems to be no way to report such issues on their pages. But I'm pretty new here, so maybe someone else have some suggestion on how to report this issue?

Oct 3, 2022 4:53 AM in response to BDAqua

I don't know about iron1965, but I see a page about OSX Sierra, and that I should log in to Mac App Store to download and install it. But its not available in the store when I search for it.

But I know I had Catalina running on this Mac before I wiped it. Now El Capitan is the latest available in the "bought" section. And that image puts the Mac in an endless loop of "no eligible packages to install" and reboots. I need to get past El Capitan, and from what I understand, Sierra is a necessary stepping stone because of some filesystem upgrades or something. But as long as this certificate error is present, I am uncomfortable downloading and installing the necessary images.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.