Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Despite having data roaming turned off AND airplane mode on, I’m still receiving international calls when traveling!How can I block them? Thank you.

Despite having data roaming off And airplane mode on, I’m still receiving Junk calls when traveling overseas. How can I stop them? Each time it triggers a Verizon International plan at $10 per day. It’s very annoying. Thanks !

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 4:32 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2022 3:09 PM in response to HelpmeCarrie

Hello HelpmeCarrie,

While you can certainly have all unknown calls routed so they do not come through, they would most likely still be counted when it comes to receiving a call: Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support

We would suggest you reach out to your carrier to see if there is any way to prevent these calls from triggering the daily international charge.

They are going to be in the best position to assist.

Have a good day.

Despite having data roaming turned off AND airplane mode on, I’m still receiving international calls when traveling!How can I block them? Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.