Iphone 14 has a black screen

Iphone 14 has a black screen and wont turn on

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:51 AM

I have the 14 pro max and over the last 2 weeks, it has gone black 3 times - once overnight charging, once just in my pocket and today while I was sending a text. Super frustrating!!!

16 replies

Dec 13, 2023 1:30 AM in response to CassieO17

My iPhone 14 is doing the same thing but it didn’t start doing it until the last two 17 updates. I work at a warehouse I depend on my phone to be communicate with my kids school for emergencies. Apple please fix this issue please as much money as we pay for these phones they shouldn’t be doing this please. This almost make me want want to go back to a android.

Oct 2, 2022 4:30 PM in response to CassieO17

Thanks for reaching out, CassieO17.

It sounds like your iPhone 14 isn't turning on. We can help.

A great place to start is with this article, If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen:

If your screen is black or frozen

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.

If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Mar 27, 2023 6:43 AM in response to AdvisorMP

I have an iPhone14 Pro. Plugged it in to charge (was down to 15%) overnight, and encountered this same thing. The phone was functional (as the set alarm went off), but it was a bit of an issue trying to figure out where the "stop" alarm button was... eventually I got it.

Note, the phone is still on/working. If you have the patience and a bit of mental memory, one can guess and turn things on like the flashlight. I tried to get siri to restart the phone, but it would not restart without me unlocking it, and I could never get it to unlock with a "dead" or screen that was turned off.

Eventually, I encountered this tip, the up/down/side button trick, and the display came back.

Hopefully Apple can take a look into why this may be happening during an overnight recharge.

May 2, 2023 2:24 PM in response to CassieO17

My iPhone 14 Pro which I bought in October 2022 has gone to a black screen six times in the past month. It did it at the beginning of the year too. Each time it gets extremely hot to touch. I reboot it and can't receive texts for a few minutes after rebooting. It went to black screen twice today. I'm worried it will catch on fire because it gets so hot it's hard to hold. It is usually just lying on my desk or in my pocket when this happens. Apple support said I have the limited 1 year warranty and does not include replacing my phone or apparently fixing it.

Iphone 14 has a black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.