Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine ot working

iMac V12.3.1 Monterey. Getting error messages that time machine cannot find the backup drive.

Can't seem to connect. It'a almost a month since last backup.

How can I fix this? I do have an external backup offline but I also want my time machine working.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 5:53 PM

Ok, thanks, then you have an 802.11ac model.

I suggest that you try simply resetting the Time Capsule. A "hard" reset should do. Note that doing so will NOT affect your Time Machine backups on it.

Ref: How to reset your AirPort base station - Apple Support

6 replies

Oct 7, 2022 11:30 AM in response to allenz

It appears that your Mac cannot locate the Time Capsule (TC) in order to use it for Time Machine (TM) backups. Is the TC the only wireless router in your current network configuration? If not, you will need to provide us with the specifics of what your network configuration consists of, including the makes & models of each piece of networking hardware and how they are configured to work with each other. Without this information, it will be difficult to assist you with a solution.

Also, which exact model is your TC?

Time Machine ot working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.