Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot import the photos from my iPhone to MacBook because the 'import' button on "photos' of my MacBook is grey

Cannot import the photos from my iPhone to MacBook because the 'import' button on "photos' of my MacBook is grey

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:38 AM

How are you trying to import from the iPhone?

Is the iPhone connected to USB, connected to Power, and unlocked?

Does it appear in the sidebar of Photos as a device?

Photos will need some time to prepare the photos on the iPhone and present the thumbnails of the photos. Then you can select the thumbnails of new photos or click "All new Photos". But it may take a while. Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...Official Apple Support › en-us

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 6:38 AM in response to Ellen_lau

How are you trying to import from the iPhone?

Is the iPhone connected to USB, connected to Power, and unlocked?

Does it appear in the sidebar of Photos as a device?

Photos will need some time to prepare the photos on the iPhone and present the thumbnails of the photos. Then you can select the thumbnails of new photos or click "All new Photos". But it may take a while. Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...Official Apple Support › en-us

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.