Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay connection for Pordenone silent film festival

Before purchasing an online pass to this festival, which starts today, I must run a connection test. I

am trying to use Apple TV via AirPlay. I am getting only sound and no video when I test AirPlay with a movie on the Criterion Channel. What should I do?

To ensure a good streaming quality, please run the connection test. We recommend using the latest Chrome version on PC, Mac and Android devices; Safari on iPhone and iPad. Use Chromecast or Apple TV via AirPlay to access the festival on your TV.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 8:41 AM

Do you own an iPhone or iPad to use as a source instead of your MacBook Air? Just to see if it works from an another device.

For your information: both my iPad and my Apple TV aren't the latest models.

9 replies

Oct 2, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Yanos529

Thanks for the URL.

The test did work good on iPhone and iPad with AirPlay Screen Mirroring. But it would not work for me on Mac (macOS 12.6) with AirPlay Screen Mirroring (tried Safari 16 and Chrome 106 and Firefox 105). Safari and Chrome showed white with audio, Firefox did stream the video but not smooth. I guess you have to stream from mobile to get it on your TV.

Airplay connection for Pordenone silent film festival

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.