Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import audio files into garageband?

Hello community, I want to put an audio file into GarageBand but i am quite new to mac technologies

First, someone forwarded an audio file to me and then i put that into quicktime (so it is a mp4 file), i want to know how to put that file into garage band; (just for knowledge's sake, if i can not do it with a mp4 file, could i possibly save the file as a different file or change it with third party applications: How do i put the audio files into garage band?)

Thank you, moronx

Apologies if this was already answered

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 8:01 PM

One way is to just drag the file into the track window (left click, hold and drag). Let's say you have the mp3 file on the desktop. Just size the garageband window so you can see the files on the desktop and drag them in. I'm not sure if you need to create an audio track in garageband first, but I don't think so.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 8:01 PM in response to MoronX

One way is to just drag the file into the track window (left click, hold and drag). Let's say you have the mp3 file on the desktop. Just size the garageband window so you can see the files on the desktop and drag them in. I'm not sure if you need to create an audio track in garageband first, but I don't think so.

How to import audio files into garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.