Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tranferring Applications

When transferring applications from Time Machine backup of old MacBook Pro to new one using Migration Assistant I did not get the option of selecting which applications I wanted to transfer. Have consequently got some applications that I do not want/no longer use on new machine. Should I have got the selection option? If all applications have been transferred, is my only choice then to delete those that I do not want on my new MacBook?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 8:21 PM

when you use Migration Assistant, anything you Migrate is Duplicated onto the new machine, not deleted from the original source.

Feel free to delete anything you do not want on the new Mac. the old Mac still has its original. If you mistakenly delete too much, you can go back and get it again.

3 replies

Tranferring Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.