Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 3G option - iPhone 14 Pro

Why is there no 3G only option in the 14 Pro? My 11 Pro still has this option...

It is important we have this option here in rural/regional Australia as 3G works better over long distances, my 14 Pro keeps connecting to 4G that has very poor signal strength instead of 3G which has full reception. 90% of the time nothing will load until it finally "decides" to use 3G. No problems with my old 11 Pro over the last 3 years as it spent most of its life on 3G only.

I may have to return it and buy a Samsung which still has a 3G option.

Better get onto it Apple, your latest phones are becoming useless here for us outside of capital cities...

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 7:17 AM

Your carrier may be able to send you a profile called a PRL that tells your phone the order of precedence in which to latch onto networks. A PRL preferring 3G over 4G or LTE, if one is available, might be just what you need.

By the way, the iPhone 13 also has done away with the 3G network preference option.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 7:17 AM in response to Xavvy

Your carrier may be able to send you a profile called a PRL that tells your phone the order of precedence in which to latch onto networks. A PRL preferring 3G over 4G or LTE, if one is available, might be just what you need.

By the way, the iPhone 13 also has done away with the 3G network preference option.

No 3G option - iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.