Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark spots at the bottom of my screen

I see the dark spots at the foot of the display… I bought this 13” 2016 model in July 2017 but I encountered this issue a week back. I approached the service centre and they said this repair would cost ₹50k even though free repair program was run by Apple. So, I then approached Apple support and they told as the device’s warranty of 5 years has concluded they can’t apply that program on my laptop. Is this true ? My bad luck that, unfortunately, i encountered this issue after the warranty period ended. I asked Apple support to consider this as an exception and consider repairing it but unfortunately it didn’t work. Is tr any way to work this out ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 7:02 AM

Chetanb.12 wrote:

I see the dark spots at the foot of the display… I bought this 13” 2016 model in July 2017 but I encountered this issue a week back. I approached the service centre and they said this repair would cost ₹50k even though free repair program was run by Apple. So, I then approached Apple support and they told as the device’s warranty of 5 years has concluded they can’t apply that program on my laptop. Is this true ? My bad luck that, unfortunately, i encountered this issue after the warranty period ended. I asked Apple support to consider this as an exception and consider repairing it but unfortunately it didn’t work. Is tr any way to work this out ?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/88b6405c-f001-4fd9-ac5c-f20e2e3affb2

This is a hardware issue—

Display assembly and associated flex cable, it will get worse not better

See if this program is in place and if you qualify—

The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 7:02 AM in response to Chetanb.12

Chetanb.12 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/88b6405c-f001-4fd9-ac5c-f20e2e3affb2

This is a hardware issue—

Display assembly and associated flex cable, it will get worse not better

See if this program is in place and if you qualify—

The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Dark spots at the bottom of my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.