Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone device not available please try again in 7 hours and 49 minutes how to fix it?

I typed the wrong iPhone password code many times and it got stuck, the phone was put into safe mode in order to try to recover data by itunes when I connected it to my laptop. Now it's locked for a week, how do I reset it or get it back to normal?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 7:04 AM

The message does not say seven days, it says seven hours. Wait a little more than the 7:58 it says, put the phone into DFU mode again, and connect it to any PC running iTunes. Of course, if you kept inputting the wrong Pass Code after you took this photo, you will need to wait the time currently stated on the screen. Once you input your Apple ID's email address and password into iTunes when prompted, iTunes will erase the phone, including the Pass Code you cannot remember, and restore your phone to new condition. From there, you can set it up and restore your latest backup.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Nataliaszajka

The message does not say seven days, it says seven hours. Wait a little more than the 7:58 it says, put the phone into DFU mode again, and connect it to any PC running iTunes. Of course, if you kept inputting the wrong Pass Code after you took this photo, you will need to wait the time currently stated on the screen. Once you input your Apple ID's email address and password into iTunes when prompted, iTunes will erase the phone, including the Pass Code you cannot remember, and restore your phone to new condition. From there, you can set it up and restore your latest backup.

Good luck.

iphone device not available please try again in 7 hours and 49 minutes how to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.