Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV streaming device, when making an Amazon Prime rental purchase directly from my TV.

I have your Apple TV streaming device, but I don't have an Apple TV subscription. When attempting to make a rental purchase in my Amazon Prime account, your device won't permit me to make an Amazon Prime rental purchase directly from my TV. I can make this purchase directly from Roku and Amazon Fire stick, but not Apple TV. Does Apple TV offer a setting so that I can purchase video rentals directly from my TV?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 4:32 AM

I think that you must enable Amazon 1-click-shopping, to pre-authorize the payment method with them. It seems that Amazon does what it can to avoid using Apple’s Store payment functionality (and fees).

Alternatively, you can make the purchase on your Amazon account on a different device or on the web. Then the title would be available on any device when signed in to the Amazon Prime Video app, including on your Apple TV box.

Additionally, verify that your OS and app are up-to-date, to be compatible with the current back-end systems that handle these transactions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 4:32 AM in response to Yikesman08

I think that you must enable Amazon 1-click-shopping, to pre-authorize the payment method with them. It seems that Amazon does what it can to avoid using Apple’s Store payment functionality (and fees).

Alternatively, you can make the purchase on your Amazon account on a different device or on the web. Then the title would be available on any device when signed in to the Amazon Prime Video app, including on your Apple TV box.

Additionally, verify that your OS and app are up-to-date, to be compatible with the current back-end systems that handle these transactions.

Apple TV streaming device, when making an Amazon Prime rental purchase directly from my TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.