Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is the 3rd gen apple tv device still useful

l i have a apple 4k device for my living room but i cant afford another one right now and walmart has a device for 20 says its 3rd gen apple tv for 20 used is it upgradeable

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 9:57 AM

It depends on what you want to do with it. The functionality is much less than what later models offer. Probably most important: it has no App Store. Content providers may decide to abandon support for this model at any time.

is it upgradeable

No. What is on it, is what is available. What works may keep working for a while. Apple has released its last software version in March, and that is likely its last version ever, as the model is now listed as ‘obsolete’ support-wise [1].

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 9:57 AM in response to markslay

It depends on what you want to do with it. The functionality is much less than what later models offer. Probably most important: it has no App Store. Content providers may decide to abandon support for this model at any time.

is it upgradeable

No. What is on it, is what is available. What works may keep working for a while. Apple has released its last software version in March, and that is likely its last version ever, as the model is now listed as ‘obsolete’ support-wise [1].

is the 3rd gen apple tv device still useful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.