Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Recently Deleted" Notes folder missing on iPhone

My iPhone XR, running on 16.0.2, warned my iCloud is out of space. I suspected Notes as I was in the midst of scanning lots of old documents & transferring the scans to my Mac, & unbeknownst to me, my default Notes account for saving the scans was iCloud & not locally on the iPhone. Then I read, I should find the Recently Deleted folder to delete the files. But my iPhone, fully updated, does not show the Recently Deleted folder in Notes. I logged into & out of iCloud, rebooted the phone, & double-checked the Updates. Nothing has helped. I was able to find the Recently Deleted folder on iCloud.com & have deleted the files, so my issue here is, no longer accessing the heavy files, but only "How to get the iPhone to show the Recently Deleted folder for Notes?"

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:45 AM

Hi Ali Soltani

Apple Support's online article: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Says

"To recover a deleted note, go to the Folders list and tap Recently Deleted. 

If you haven't already, try looking in that "Folders" list

or

you could try a search for "Recently Deleted" and / or one of the files that were in it, in case it has been accidentally moved

or

Look for one of the files from "Recently Deleted" in the Notes app to see if the Missing folder can be found there

Search your notes on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: "How to get the iPhone to show the Recently Deleted folder for Notes?"

You might need to try closing and restarting the Notes app to see if the folder re-appears

and / or

try restarting your iPhone to see if it re-appears.

or

As the Notes app on your iPhone appears not to be working as expected, you could try taking these steps:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly or won’t open – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 1:45 AM in response to Ali Soltani

Hi Ali Soltani

Apple Support's online article: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Says

"To recover a deleted note, go to the Folders list and tap Recently Deleted. 

If you haven't already, try looking in that "Folders" list

or

you could try a search for "Recently Deleted" and / or one of the files that were in it, in case it has been accidentally moved

or

Look for one of the files from "Recently Deleted" in the Notes app to see if the Missing folder can be found there

Search your notes on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: "How to get the iPhone to show the Recently Deleted folder for Notes?"

You might need to try closing and restarting the Notes app to see if the folder re-appears

and / or

try restarting your iPhone to see if it re-appears.

or

As the Notes app on your iPhone appears not to be working as expected, you could try taking these steps:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly or won’t open – Apple Support

All the best :-)

"Recently Deleted" Notes folder missing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.