Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macBook Pro M2 2022

Wont let me set up apple Id so i can use all apps etc

System preferences click on Apple ID amd i get Preferences Error. Ive shut system down many times, changed apple id, checked date & time. i checked for software updatesmy apple id is working fine across all my other apple devices. Has anyone else had this issue? driving me nuts! please help

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 10:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2022 10:19 AM in response to Smudge_02

Are you seeing this during the initial setup phase, or after you have migrated your data from an older device? If the former, I would suggest contacting Apple Support directly for assistance as this should not be happening with a brand new notebook. You can do so by simply selecting the Get Support link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

Also, if this notebook is within the 14 days of purchase, you can return it for a full refund or replacement.

Oct 2, 2022 10:37 AM in response to Tesserax

thank you , i followed the set up instructions and data migration, only had it 7 days! never been able to access the apple id app store etc, thinking of erasing all and re set up from scratch & not data migrate from previous laptop, as some data may have corrupted? see if that fixes issue? i have moved all required files to external hard drive so nothing lost.

macBook Pro M2 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.