Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple care

I buy a new iPhone every year, with trade in. What protection plan makes the most sense?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 1:38 PM

Apple's AppleCare+ Protection Plan

• AppleCare+ for iPhone includes unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection
  • Express Replacement Service
  • 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone

Here is a link to their official AppleCare page for more details.

How to buy an AppleCare plan on your iPhone (after purchase)

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open Settings.
  2. Go to General > About.
  3. Tap AppleCare+ Coverage Available. If you don't see AppleCare+ Coverage Available, check to make sure that your device is eligible.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions to complete your purchase. You can see the price of the AppleCare plan when you follow these steps.

Apple Support - How to Purchase an AppleCare Plan

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 1:38 PM in response to Dell Griffon

Apple's AppleCare+ Protection Plan

• AppleCare+ for iPhone includes unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection
  • Express Replacement Service
  • 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone

Here is a link to their official AppleCare page for more details.

How to buy an AppleCare plan on your iPhone (after purchase)

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open Settings.
  2. Go to General > About.
  3. Tap AppleCare+ Coverage Available. If you don't see AppleCare+ Coverage Available, check to make sure that your device is eligible.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions to complete your purchase. You can see the price of the AppleCare plan when you follow these steps.

Apple Support - How to Purchase an AppleCare Plan

Oct 2, 2022 3:10 PM in response to deggie

Used to have Foremost; now it is Grange Insurance Association. Apartment policy states "Section I Property Coverage > special computer coverage > premium $13". I've got them listed in my spreadsheet/inventory list with purchase price/where and when purchased, etc. which my insurance agent has a copy of. And my policy is replacement cost for all personal property. Maybe it's a case of being allowed in my state, but not in yours?

Oct 2, 2022 3:18 PM in response to babowa

Could be but you are showing a special computer coverage, I have that and pay for it. But my policy in one of the many pages makes it very clear that mobile electronic devices, such as cell phones, music players, and tablet, are not covered. My brother has the same thing in his policy in Colorado. Most auto insurance companies have now put in clauses to protect themselves from portable electronics thefts from vehicles, too many people were putting their 8 year old Dell portable computer in their car, lowering the convertible top, rolling down the windows and putting the computer on the front seat and then when it is stolen wanting full replacement value. This became a common thing in the downtown area as people wanted to upgrade.

On one occasion it wasn't a convertible but they did leave all the windows down and the very old HP on the passenger thief. On of the horse patrol officers saw it with a note on top. It read, "as a thief I have to know the value of things. Your **** *** computer isn't worth anything."

I'm not familiar with Grange but yearly I have my lawyer go over all of my insurance policies.

apple care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.