Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch data transfer

I recently completed a run using the workout app on my Apple Watch over cell data. My old watch isn’t paired to my upgraded phone, is there any way to transfer my workout data before resetting my watch to re pair with the new phone?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 4:20 PM

When you unpair your watch a backup of your health and fitness data is made automatically as long as the paired phone is signed into iCloud and the backup is uploaded to icloud,when you come to pair your watch with your new phone you are asked if you want to set it it up as new or restore it from a backup,you choose restore from backup then all your health and fitness data is downloaded back to the phone and watch from the icloud backup and you carry on using your watch with all previous data intact.

Setup your Watch to a new iPhone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 4:20 PM in response to Tabe551

When you unpair your watch a backup of your health and fitness data is made automatically as long as the paired phone is signed into iCloud and the backup is uploaded to icloud,when you come to pair your watch with your new phone you are asked if you want to set it it up as new or restore it from a backup,you choose restore from backup then all your health and fitness data is downloaded back to the phone and watch from the icloud backup and you carry on using your watch with all previous data intact.

Setup your Watch to a new iPhone

Apple Watch data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.