Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac doesn't recognize the 2nd monitor

I've gone to "Display's" in System Preferences, but it doesn't show the external monitor. How can I get it to recognize it? I've checked, unplugged and replugged in all the cords

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:17 AM

Have a look at > Use an external display with your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

If you are using the Lenovo supplied USB-C cable, try a better quality USB-C cable.

Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac - Apple Support

If also looks like the Lenovo has HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, which also gives you the option to use either a USB-C to HDMI adapter or a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:17 AM in response to Daniel_Je

Have a look at > Use an external display with your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

If you are using the Lenovo supplied USB-C cable, try a better quality USB-C cable.

Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac - Apple Support

If also looks like the Lenovo has HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, which also gives you the option to use either a USB-C to HDMI adapter or a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

My mac doesn't recognize the 2nd monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.