Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocked iPhone 14 Pro not compatible with Worldwide service providers? How do I make it compatible?

I bought an unlocked iPhone 14 pro in the US but need to use it internationally.

Worldwide service providers like airalo say my phone is not compatible.

What do I need to do to make my phone compatible for worldwide service providers?

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:19 AM

I guess every other “unlocked” phone I’ve bought actually meant unlocked.

I didn’t know this would be an issue or something I even needed to be aware of.

On the Apple website Apple also says iphone 14 pro’s are compatible with worldwide service providers. But when I try to sign up from their suggested list none of those providers are compatible.

Some Americans travel and would like their phone to be usable in multiple places. A warning before I purchased would have been nice!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 12:19 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

I guess every other “unlocked” phone I’ve bought actually meant unlocked.

I didn’t know this would be an issue or something I even needed to be aware of.

On the Apple website Apple also says iphone 14 pro’s are compatible with worldwide service providers. But when I try to sign up from their suggested list none of those providers are compatible.

Some Americans travel and would like their phone to be usable in multiple places. A warning before I purchased would have been nice!

Oct 5, 2022 1:54 PM in response to Rikki_Carman

Have you found a solution to your problem?

The answer they gave you above is so ridiculous, because for those of us who live in the US, but travel constantly to countries that do not yet support eSim cards, we will definitely not be buying a phone for each country we visit! duh!

I look forward to your reply, as I am contemplating purchasing the new iphone. I wonder if they will ever bring back the sim card for the US.

Thanks

Unlocked iPhone 14 Pro not compatible with Worldwide service providers? How do I make it compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.