Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail stopped sending

Hello, so my iCloud email ID (which I only use on my MacBook Air via the Apple Mail software) stopped sending mail. I've spent significant chunks of 2 days trying to figure it out with an Apple tech person. I've tried all of the things they recommended including:

1. Deleting my iCloud account
  2. Updating my software
  3. Trying it on Safari in iCloud (where it does work)
  4. Changing various system and mail preferences settings

Any idea why this might happen? Or any solutions?

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 2:26 AM

First thing is to check the Apple Status Webpage as sometimes the Apple Service maybe malfunctioning

Secondly, what does Connection Doctor in Apple Mail report refer to image below

Are you Manually trying to Configure Apple Mail to iCloud which should not be necessary but had to ask ?

Then >>

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Avira 

AVG AntiVirus  

Trustee  

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 2:26 AM in response to marcynewman

First thing is to check the Apple Status Webpage as sometimes the Apple Service maybe malfunctioning

Secondly, what does Connection Doctor in Apple Mail report refer to image below

Are you Manually trying to Configure Apple Mail to iCloud which should not be necessary but had to ask ?

Then >>

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Avira 

AVG AntiVirus  

Trustee  

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

iCloud mail stopped sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.