Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm not playing itunes songs

I have seen replies to this issue that say “Turn off Dolby Atmos audio in Settings > Music on your device..” I don’t see this anywhere in Music settings.

Is there a solution that is current for resolving the iTunes song not playing as alarm issue?

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 6:17 PM

Thank you for your reply. I called Customer Support and they gave me the following solution that worked for me:

1. Go to iTunes and select the song you want as your alarm
  2. Click on the song and when it opens up and plays with the album cover as half the screen, click the three dots at the bottom right below the album cover. Ensure the song is downloaded (if the option to download is available, do it) and select “add to playlist” then “new playlist”
  3. Go to alarm>sound>pick a song>playlist
  4. Find the playlist with the song you selected
  5. Open that playlist
  6. Click the plus (+)
  7. The song should be an option when you are back at the “Sound” screen
  8. Select the song
  9. For good measure go to “vibration” and select “none”
  10. Try it out and see if it works!
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Vero_F1

Thank you for your reply. I called Customer Support and they gave me the following solution that worked for me:

1. Go to iTunes and select the song you want as your alarm
  2. Click on the song and when it opens up and plays with the album cover as half the screen, click the three dots at the bottom right below the album cover. Ensure the song is downloaded (if the option to download is available, do it) and select “add to playlist” then “new playlist”
  3. Go to alarm>sound>pick a song>playlist
  4. Find the playlist with the song you selected
  5. Open that playlist
  6. Click the plus (+)
  7. The song should be an option when you are back at the “Sound” screen
  8. Select the song
  9. For good measure go to “vibration” and select “none”
  10. Try it out and see if it works!

Oct 4, 2022 3:17 PM in response to gia219

Hi gia219,

To turn on or off Dolby Atoms, see About Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music:

1. "Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap Music.
  4. Under Audio, tap Dolby Atmos. 
  5. Choose Automatic, Always On, or Off."

However, when it comes to your alarms not working, see How to set and change alarms on your iPhone:

"If you have an alarm that doesn't sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringer and Alerts.
  • If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
  • If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.

Manually adjusting the time on your iPhone in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn't recommended and can affect alarms."

Take care.

Alarm not playing itunes songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.