Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay connection error

Anyone having problems with Apple CarPlay not connecting? I have a 2018 Volvo XC90 where Apple CarPlay stopped working last week. Every time I connect by USB cable I get "Connection Error".

I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing is working. I am using the updated IOS 16.2 and my Volvo had it's software updated last week.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:36 AM

Bryan,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I figured it out. My problem came from my VPN (Virtual Private Network). It finally dawned on me after struggling for a few days that I should turn off my VPN and once I did everything with Apple CarPlay is now working perfectly. It must have been in the VPN latest update software.

Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 8:36 AM in response to Bryan_K1

Bryan,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I figured it out. My problem came from my VPN (Virtual Private Network). It finally dawned on me after struggling for a few days that I should turn off my VPN and once I did everything with Apple CarPlay is now working perfectly. It must have been in the VPN latest update software.

Thanks again!

Oct 4, 2022 6:26 PM in response to Help_Tom1

Hello Help_Tom1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

If you're having trouble with CarPlay not working as expected, the steps in here may help: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If those steps don't seem to do the trick, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly to look in to this further. You can reach out to them here: Apple Support

Take care!

Apple CarPlay connection error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.