Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail is acting weird

I use Mac Mail version 16.0 to download my gmail. I have my mailbox folders sorted alphabetically.

Recently one of my mailbox folders will drop down to the bottom of my mailbox list and none of the emails stored in that mailbox folder will appear. This is the only mailbox folder that does this. I suspect there is some function I triggered on or off associated with this mailbox only.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:11 PM

Hi Staynavytom

You might want to try quitting the Mail app, and re-opening it.

This sometimes fixes "weird" behaviour.

Similarly, restarting your Mac can sometimes put things right.

or, if needed:

If an app on your Mac does not work as expected, 

try this article (link below) from Apple Support:

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Else:

If you still have the issue, and suspect a function / setting has been triggered,

you might want to browse through the updated User Guide (Click "Table of contents" at the top)

Mail User Guide for Mac – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 5:11 PM in response to Staynavytom

Hi Staynavytom

You might want to try quitting the Mail app, and re-opening it.

This sometimes fixes "weird" behaviour.

Similarly, restarting your Mac can sometimes put things right.

or, if needed:

If an app on your Mac does not work as expected, 

try this article (link below) from Apple Support:

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Else:

If you still have the issue, and suspect a function / setting has been triggered,

you might want to browse through the updated User Guide (Click "Table of contents" at the top)

Mail User Guide for Mac – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Mac Mail is acting weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.