Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store

Am I wrong or does the App Store no longer post the price of an App before you buy? I have recently bought three productivity apps from outside the App Store. The Apps I needed showed only an install button. I suppose they don't want to frighten you off before you buy and if you install then you'll have to pay their price regardless. To me this seems like a shady way to do business.

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 10:00 AM

You are mistaken.

Prices are shown in a pill shaped button near the name of the App:

If the button says GET, the app is free to download so no price to actually show.

If the app has other in-app purchases or subscriptions they will be shown in the in-app purchases entry of the Information section of the app. You can find it by scrolling down in the app page. You may need to tap the arrow to expand the in-app purchases section.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 10:00 AM in response to bigfoot-bc

You are mistaken.

Prices are shown in a pill shaped button near the name of the App:

If the button says GET, the app is free to download so no price to actually show.

If the app has other in-app purchases or subscriptions they will be shown in the in-app purchases entry of the Information section of the app. You can find it by scrolling down in the app page. You may need to tap the arrow to expand the in-app purchases section.

App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.