Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finish setting up mobile service

After purchasing an IPhone 14 Pro I inserted my SIM card. But I have the same prompt to Finish setting up mobile service I’m in Australia I was wondering if this is a result of Apple going ESIM only in America

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 11:47 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:24 AM in response to Couchback

Hi Couchback,

If you'd like help with a physical SIM, you might find this useful.

Did you purchase your iPhone in the US or Australia? We ask because, as you said, an iPhone 14 bought in the US can only be used with an eSIM (see the quoted section below for more details.)

If you purchased the iPhone in Australia, let’s double-check that all of the steps were followed below from Set up cellular service on iPhone. These will help to make sure that your physical SIM is oriented correctly. 

Install a physical SIM
You can get a nano-SIM card from a carrier or move it from your previous iPhone.
Note: Physical SIM isn’t compatible with iPhone 14 models purchased in the US.
1. Insert a paper clip or SIM eject tool into the small hole of the SIM tray, then push in toward iPhone to eject the tray.
A paper clip or SIM eject tool is inserted into the small hole of the tray on the left side of iPhone to eject and remove the tray.
Note: The shape and orientation of the SIM tray depend on the iPhone model and your country or region.
2. Remove the tray from iPhone.
3. Place the SIM in the tray. The angled corner determines the correct orientation.
A SIM being inserted into the tray on iPhone; the angled corner is in the upper left.
4. Insert the tray back into iPhone.
5. If you previously set up a PIN on the SIM, carefully enter the PIN when prompted.
WARNING: Never try to guess a SIM PIN. An incorrect guess can permanently lock your SIM, and you won’t be able to make phone calls or use cellular data through your carrier until you get a new SIM. See the Apple Support article Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad.

If the issue continues, let the community know the following information so we can continue to troubleshoot. 

1. What version of iOS are you currently running? For example, if you’re running an older or beta version of iOS, issues like this could occur. 
  2. Do you currently have service (can make calls/use cellular data), but are still seeing the “Finish setting up eSIM prompt?" We ask because this will help us to know if it’s the prompt showing up in error. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Finish setting up mobile service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.