Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is broken because of water damage

Hi there,

My iPhone X is broken and fell apart because of being in contact in water in a few minutes (10 minutes or so). I thought my phone is water proof for 30 minutes.

Please advise me how I can get a refund or replacement.

Regards,

Liam

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:02 PM

It’s water resistant not water proof. Also, that is not a permanent state. Time, conditions, etc can deteriorate that ability. At this point you will need to purchase a new phone unless you have a protection plan that covers water damage. You may be able to get one for the out of warranty price but that price might be more than you would like to pay for that model.

“Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty, but you might have rights under consumer law.”

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 12:02 PM in response to alifromka

It’s water resistant not water proof. Also, that is not a permanent state. Time, conditions, etc can deteriorate that ability. At this point you will need to purchase a new phone unless you have a protection plan that covers water damage. You may be able to get one for the out of warranty price but that price might be more than you would like to pay for that model.

“Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty, but you might have rights under consumer law.”

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

My iPhone is broken because of water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.