Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with mail app

Cannot launch the MacBook Mail app from applications in Finder or the bar. The mail is app is constantly crashing (quickly opens and closes) and I am getting error messages which have been sent to Apple Support but with no avail thus far.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:18 PM

Hello!

I had this same issue just a few days ago on my iMac running OS X El Capitan. The problem, for me at least, is that this older version of the Mac operating system isn't compatible modern email message(s) you may have in your Inbox. To fix this, I signed into my Mail provider's online mail interface (since I have iCloud mail, I went to https://www.icloud.com/), and I moved all my email in my Inbox into a new mailbox folder I titled "Older Message [Date Range]". This solved the problem for me.

If this doesn't work for you, or it isn't feasible, you could always use your Mail provider's online mail interface full-time instead of Apple Mail. If you do this, I'd recommend using Google Chrome, since it's the most up-to-date and latest supported browser for OS X El Capitan.

However, if your Mac is new enough, you may be able to upgrade to a newer version of macOS and you won't have to worry about this issue. To see if you can, please respond with what year your Mac is:

Find the model and serial number of your Mac - Apple Support

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 1:18 PM in response to lidija272

Hello!

I had this same issue just a few days ago on my iMac running OS X El Capitan. The problem, for me at least, is that this older version of the Mac operating system isn't compatible modern email message(s) you may have in your Inbox. To fix this, I signed into my Mail provider's online mail interface (since I have iCloud mail, I went to https://www.icloud.com/), and I moved all my email in my Inbox into a new mailbox folder I titled "Older Message [Date Range]". This solved the problem for me.

If this doesn't work for you, or it isn't feasible, you could always use your Mail provider's online mail interface full-time instead of Apple Mail. If you do this, I'd recommend using Google Chrome, since it's the most up-to-date and latest supported browser for OS X El Capitan.

However, if your Mac is new enough, you may be able to upgrade to a newer version of macOS and you won't have to worry about this issue. To see if you can, please respond with what year your Mac is:

Find the model and serial number of your Mac - Apple Support

Jack

Issues with mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.