Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Apple cannot add a 'Add Display' on MacOS Monterey (Macbook Air 2022)

Basically my macbook pro (early 2015) does not have an universal control features but my Macbook Air 2022 has this features. Both computer has been up-to-date. So my question is that why apple has to get rid of the Add Display' feature on my Macbook Air 2022?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 3:13 PM

I would like to ask Apple why they didn't add a 'Add Display' feature to Macbook Air (2022). This will allow Macbook Air (2022) to use the old Macbook Pro (early-2015) as a secondary display.

First, you'd have to ask Apple. None of us here work for them.

Second, I told you why as did dialabrain; there is no other device on your network that can host the display. Unless one exists on the network, you won't have any option to add a display. Since you don't have another AirPlay receiver on your network, there isn't an Add Display option. If you add a compatible AirPlay receiver to your Network, then Add Display would be available. Since you don't have a compatible display advertising its services, there is nothing to add.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 3:13 PM in response to kingshum98

I would like to ask Apple why they didn't add a 'Add Display' feature to Macbook Air (2022). This will allow Macbook Air (2022) to use the old Macbook Pro (early-2015) as a secondary display.

First, you'd have to ask Apple. None of us here work for them.

Second, I told you why as did dialabrain; there is no other device on your network that can host the display. Unless one exists on the network, you won't have any option to add a display. Since you don't have another AirPlay receiver on your network, there isn't an Add Display option. If you add a compatible AirPlay receiver to your Network, then Add Display would be available. Since you don't have a compatible display advertising its services, there is nothing to add.

Oct 3, 2022 2:43 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you for your reply

Basically the Macbook Pro (early-2015) can add display to my Macbook Air (2022);

However, the Macbook Air (2022) cannot add display to my Macbook Pro (early-2015) because it doesn't has a 'Add Display' feature.

Why Apple cannot add a 'Add Display' on MacOS Monterey (Macbook Air 2022)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.