Related Article: If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook pro power adapter is not charging my device

There is no power coming to the computer through the power adapter. The charge cord works with a USB c adapter. The computer was purchased in January so is still under warranty. Do I still need to purchase a new adapter?

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Apple will want to evaluate the power adapter and cable as well as the Mac before sending you a new one, because there can be a number of reasons it's not working. Start with Get Support.

When you do that, they will want you to review all the suggestions in the following Apple Support documents to make sure there isn't anything they can do before inconveniencing you with the need to go somewhere:

If your Mac battery status is “Not Charging” - Apple Support

If your Mac battery won’t charge - Apple Support

Confirm the power adapter and cable you are using are correct for your model Mac: Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support. For example, you can't use just any USB-C cable. It has to be the correct one, otherwise your Mac just won't charge.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 6:43 AM in response to KKates5

Apple will want to evaluate the power adapter and cable as well as the Mac before sending you a new one, because there can be a number of reasons it's not working. Start with Get Support.

When you do that, they will want you to review all the suggestions in the following Apple Support documents to make sure there isn't anything they can do before inconveniencing you with the need to go somewhere:

If your Mac battery status is “Not Charging” - Apple Support

If your Mac battery won’t charge - Apple Support

Confirm the power adapter and cable you are using are correct for your model Mac: Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support. For example, you can't use just any USB-C cable. It has to be the correct one, otherwise your Mac just won't charge.

My Macbook pro power adapter is not charging my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.