Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown caller unable to block

An unknown caller. No information comes up when I hit the “I” button. No option to block caller appears. My T-Mobile call screener/blocker lists the number, but the option to look up the number is shaded out. Can’t block it there either. Just says “ look up details” which I cannot do.

what kind of call is this??????

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:52 AM

Are you getting a lot of calls from unknown callers (e.g., spammers, telemarketers etc) with “No Caller ID”. You may want to block these calls because you cannot possible identify the number of a caller before answering. These calls may also be labeled as Anonymous, Private, or Blocked.

You are receiving these calls because, in few countries, local authorities mandates that cellular carriers allow people the ability to block their Caller ID, hence No Caller ID. Some ordinary people (VIP) may want to block the display of their telephone numbers intentionally because of some privacy concerns.

There are also more and more telemarketers, spammers using No Caller ID because they do not want to be known.

The good news is that you can block specific callers/numbers/caller IDs using third party apps in the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 2:52 AM in response to Genefrompuyallup

Are you getting a lot of calls from unknown callers (e.g., spammers, telemarketers etc) with “No Caller ID”. You may want to block these calls because you cannot possible identify the number of a caller before answering. These calls may also be labeled as Anonymous, Private, or Blocked.

You are receiving these calls because, in few countries, local authorities mandates that cellular carriers allow people the ability to block their Caller ID, hence No Caller ID. Some ordinary people (VIP) may want to block the display of their telephone numbers intentionally because of some privacy concerns.

There are also more and more telemarketers, spammers using No Caller ID because they do not want to be known.

The good news is that you can block specific callers/numbers/caller IDs using third party apps in the App Store.

Unknown caller unable to block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.