Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access iPhone after passcode reset

Hi im hezakiah, i reset my passcode for my phone and its saying my passcode is wrong and i cant get into my phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 7:18 PM

hezakiah194 Said:

"Hello: Hi im hezakiah, i reset my passcode for my phone and its saying my passcode is wrong and i cant get into my phone."

-------

Getting Back In…

You need to unlock this device from the Apple ID to which this pertains. If you are locked out, then unlock it. Read the following…

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot your iPad Passcode - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 7:18 PM in response to hezakiah194

hezakiah194 Said:

"Hello: Hi im hezakiah, i reset my passcode for my phone and its saying my passcode is wrong and i cant get into my phone."

-------

Getting Back In…

You need to unlock this device from the Apple ID to which this pertains. If you are locked out, then unlock it. Read the following…

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot your iPad Passcode - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through

Unable to access iPhone after passcode reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.