Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app calorie count reduced

I use a third party app for HIIT workout. The app records my activity (duration, steps and calories burnt) and sync the data with Health app and Fitness app. As soon as the workout completes, everything appears good. The same calorie count is displayed in Fitness and the 3rd party app, and I could see that I closed the fitness ring. However, after some time, the calorie count was reduced in Fitness app. Why is that?

I don’t have an Apple Watch, but I do have a band that tracks my steps. I understand there may be some double counting if I use multiple apps to track my steps and workouts, but shouldn’t Health & Fitness take the maximum of all source apps, if not the sum?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 1:25 AM

I don’t think it has anything to do with the 3rd party app. I finish a workout, the app records that info and shares with Fitness, then Fitness cuts the calorie count. The 3rd party app still holds the correct info.

Similar questions

2 replies

Fitness app calorie count reduced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.