Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use my iCloud storage like Dropbox?

It was recommended that I sign up for a Dropbox account to routinely upload the contents of my HD in the event of a crash as my machine is dated and on it's last legs. I am purchasing a new machine soon... But, I'd like to have a cloud backup plan in addition to my physical backups. As an Apple user... I think I'd rather utilize the service I'm familiar with. The cost is the same. But since I'm already in the family so to speak...

Any opinions suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Hi B_Quixote,

You can use use iCloud Drive to sync your files. When you buy your new Mac (I am assuming your new machine will be a Mac) you have just to sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and turn on iCloud Drive. You can find more details here: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support.

1 reply

Can i use my iCloud storage like Dropbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.