Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

Today my new iphone 14 pro 256 gb filled up the whole storage with “system data”.

Anybody has an idea what the cause might be?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 5:47 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 9, 2022 2:45 AM in response to Mundeling

My brand new iPhone 14 pro max 256GB appears to be a completely waste of space.

Previous iPhone has 256GB as well and unused storage around 70GB.

Currently the new iPhone's System Data is using 207GB therefore it has no available storage... I have been deleting apps, videos, photos, docs that I was reluctant to do, however, if I didn't do it, I couldn't use the iPhone. I have called Apple several times, and I've been advise to restore it again, to Apple ID log of etc, nothing works, and the phone is useless. Why on earth with only 10% of apps I used to have and after removing several other important docs, the System Data keeps taking more and more storage? What's wrong with the new device? I had iPhones since the IPhone 3G and always excited about a new one, now I'm absolutely disappointed and fed up. Apple support doesn't have any more answers. Can someone help please.

Oct 4, 2022 4:38 PM in response to Mundeling

Hi Mundeling,

welcome to the Apple Community.. (We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, not Apple of itself).

Congratulations on the new iPhone.

Re: Anybody has an idea what the cause might be?

From what can be gleaned from others who have suffered during similar situations:

Seems that iCloud syncing files to the new device may have a lot to do with the system data temporarily filling up,

Keeping wi-fi on, and iPhone charged may see this sort itself out, but could take up to 48 hours or so. By then the synced files may have been sorted out into the various app storage categories.

If needed:

Both AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss provide 24/7 priority tech support through getsupport.apple.com

or

You can always reach out to the iPhone Support Team:

There is a "Get Support" link (or a support app, if you wish to download it) at the bottom of their website:

iPhone - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.