Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery dropped 5% in a Month!

Hi!!

I’ve had the iPhone 12 for 10 months now, I know battery degrade is completely normal over time but is it normal for it to drop to 95% from 100 in a month?

I’ve never let it get below 20% and I only charge it to 80%, and never leave it on charge overnight.

Is it just the battery catching up with life or something I need to be concerned with?

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:53 AM

If you've only lost 5% in 10 months, your battery is doing well. A decline of from 1% - 2% per month is considered normal. Battery Health decline is also NOT linear. You have nothing to be concerned with at this time. Your battery will continue to decline as do ALL batteries and when the day your Battery Health has declined to 80%, it will then be time to pay Apple to replace the battery.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 7:53 AM in response to jojos-23

If you've only lost 5% in 10 months, your battery is doing well. A decline of from 1% - 2% per month is considered normal. Battery Health decline is also NOT linear. You have nothing to be concerned with at this time. Your battery will continue to decline as do ALL batteries and when the day your Battery Health has declined to 80%, it will then be time to pay Apple to replace the battery.

Battery dropped 5% in a Month!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.