Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting my old Mac book

I have an old MacBook Air I want to erase all my data and reset it so I can’t sell

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:27 AM

Click here and follow the instructions. If the computer originally shipped with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or earlier, instead of step 7, insert a compatible Mac OS X install DVD or plug in its original thumbdrive, restart with the Option key held down, use the Disk Utility to erase the internal drive, and install a fresh OS.

(226066)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 10:27 AM in response to jameria256

Click here and follow the instructions. If the computer originally shipped with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or earlier, instead of step 7, insert a compatible Mac OS X install DVD or plug in its original thumbdrive, restart with the Option key held down, use the Disk Utility to erase the internal drive, and install a fresh OS.

(226066)

Resetting my old Mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.